JIVA's go-to photographer
Need a photographer in Florida? Book this girl. This lady is so so talented, seriously! Our founder Nikki really wanted to showcase this girlboss on the blog, and for obvious reasons- she's the real deal! She shot out Spring 2016 collection that is due out mid March (soo excited!!), and when I went on her website to check out her work, I was blown away! Simply stunning. Her dream series was a personal favorite along with her nature photos. The way she captures life is so authentic and beautiful, and I am so happy to bring you this interview from our go-to photographer!
1) What is the first thing you do in the morning when you wake up that helps kick-start your day on the right track?
I get up, have my coffee, and then I hit the gym! Sometimes it’s tough to get myself to go, but I always feel so good after I workout
2. Do you have a go-to Motivational Mantra?
I make sure to always say my gratitude. It can change your whole mindset if you just take a few minutes to be quiet and think about what you’re thankful for. I think saying affirmations are great too.
3) Kicking-ass in your field of expertise can sometimes be a lot of work, how do you stay connected to your center on those inevitable tough days?
Sometimes I overwork, or put a little too much pressure on myself. When I start feeling like that I go talk to my mom about whatever is on my mind. She always gets me to take a step back and view things a little differently. Thank you mom!
4) What are your MUST HAVES in your carry-on when you're about to leave town on a big jet plane?
Headphones, chapstick, all of my camera gear, and some healthy snacks!
5) What is your favorite thing to do when you need some creative inspiration?
I put on some good music and scroll through tons of photography blogs. I also look at the work of photographers who I aspire to be like. That motivates me, and gets me excited about starting a new project!
6) How do you go about setting goals?
I sit down and think about where I want to be in a few months. I always think big, but that pushes me to work really hard. I figure out what my end goal is and then plan out what I need to do to achieve it.
7) What’s your best piece of advice for our younger generation when it comes to following your passion?
Don’t worry about what others think, and don’t be intimidated by others who have the same passion as you. There will always be competition in your field of work but you can’t let that scare you. Be different, and be proud of what you do!
In action shooting JIVA's spring line due out mid March!
8) Favorite yoga pose for chillin’ out?
Child’s pose and Cobra pose are definitely the most comforting to me.
9) What’s the most recent inspirational book that you’ve read?
I recently read Ask and it is Given by Esther & Jerry Hicks. It’s about the laws of the universe, and how your thoughts manifest into reality. Keeping a positive, happy mindset it crucial to success.
10) Do you have a nightly ritual that helps clear your mind for a restful sleep, creating a productive day to follow?
Every night I have tea before I go to sleep. Lately I’ve been making lemon, cayenne, honey tea because I know it’s really detoxifying, it also tastes really good! Before I go to sleep I think about everything I’m thankful for. Doing that makes me feel relaxed, and I almost always wake up in a good mood.