It’s #DigYourHustle Thursday! We love Thursdays so much now around here, don’t you? Who doesn’t love being inspired?!
Overall, we want these interviews to be well-rounded, meaning not just with women in the yoga/wellness industry, but in the lifestyle industry in general. Which is why we reached out to our latest interviewee. So without further adieu, introducing Lauren Phillips of The Farmer’s Daughter Flowers. She is a brilliant young woman and entrepreneur who is the creative mind behind this adorable floral shop and boutique in Pittsburgh, PA. Born and raised as a farmer’s daughter, most of her floral designs for her clients are made out of flowers she grows herself on the farm; how cute, right?
Check out her awesome interview and keep in touch with her via the contact information below.
1. What is the first thing you do in the morning when you wake up that helps kick-start your day on the right track?
The very first thing I do in the morning is boil water for the French press. Coffee is my jam, but there is just something about hearing the kettle whistle that makes me feel that I can take on any day.
2. Do you have a go-to Motivational Mantra?
I am all about the motivational sayings! I have two new favorites. First, “Do it with passion or not at all” - Rosa Nochette Carey. I try to apply it with everything I do. What’s the point if I am not going to try to do my very best?
Second, “You get in life what you have the courage to ask for” - Orpah Winfrey. I think to myself that it can never hurt to ask, and the worst thing they can say is no. I’ve gotten a lot of no’s, but I’ve gotten even more yes’s.
3. Kicking-ass in your field of expertise can sometimes be a lot of work, how do you stay connected to your center on those inevitable tough days?
Things that get me through tough days: Knowing I get to come home to a really great husband and a really cute schnauzer. Coffee and good music helps, too. Stevie Nicks can turn any day around.
4. What are your MUST HAVES in your carry-on when you're about to leave town on a big jet plane?
Must haves: a good book and a good travel buddy.
5. What is your favorite thing to do when you need some creative inspiration?
When I need creative inspiration, I spend time with my friends. It is crazy how a simple conversation could be exactly what you needed to hear to reenergize you. My best friend and I are actually working on a project right now to inspire and motive us weekly! We start with picking a quote that speaks to us. She is hand drawing the quote, and I am adding floral accents. We did it for ourselves, but decided to share it because it is just too much fun!
6. What’s your best piece of advice for our younger generation when it comes to following your passion?
The harder you work, the luckier you get.
7. Favorite yoga pose for chillen’ out?
I’d have to say my favorite yoga pose is “Half Moon Pose.” I feel like it stretches my entire body.
8. Do you have a nightly ritual that helps clear your mind for a restful sleep, creating a productive day to follow?
I usually make chamomile tea and turn on Gilmore Girls. It is my go to for winding down at the end of a day.
Let’s keep in touch: