When I first stumbled upon Rachel Rouhana and her styled stock photography business called, Haute Chocolate, I have to admit, I had a girl crush! I don't know about you, but I absolutely adore all things stationary and girl bosses kicking ass, and that's basically what Rachel is all about too!
As Rachel says, "As a woman entrepreneur, you know how important it is to instantly attract your ideal clients & customers when they visit your website. You understand the importance of using stylish and professional images on your site and in your social media. Unfortunately, it can be nearly impossible to find feminine and chic stock images that will enhance your brand."
So who exactly is her styled stock for specifically? Haute Chocolate is Stylish & Affordable Stock Photography for Women Entrepreneurs, Bloggers, and Creative Professionals.
Whether you want custom stock or choose to become a member of the styled stock library, we know that we have some bomb lady-boss JIVA fans out there, so we knew that we needed to introduce you to Rachel! Enjoy!
1. What is the first thing you do in the morning to kickstart your day on the with track?
The first thing I do in the morning is write down my intentions for the day and then spend a few minutes in meditation feeling gratitude. It helps set my energy and focus for the day to come.
2. Do you have a go-to Motivational Mantra?
“I am enough” – as entrepreneurs we are constantly being challenged outside of our comfort zone. There are lots of times when I feel self-doubt creeping in and I need to remind myself that I am enough to keep moving forward.
3. Kicking-ass in your field of expertise can sometimes be a lot of work, how do you stay connected to your center on those inevitable tough days?
To stay connected to my center, the first thing I usually need to do is disconnect online. Shut down email, Facebook, Instagram and everything else and just move. Sometimes I take a dance break, go for a walk, or even clean the house. It helps me clear my mind and re-focus my energy.
4. What are your MUST HAVES in your carry-on when you're about to leave town on a big jet plane?
My must haves are pretty simple - Mascara, Lip Gloss, my iPhone and iPad.
5. What is your favorite thing to do when you need some creative inspiration?
Shop J As a product stylist and photographer, I get a lot of inspiration from the colors, patterns, and displays in stores. I also like to peruse on Pinterest and in fashion magazines, and then I like to just start doing - I find that’s when everything starts coming together.
6. What’s your best piece of advice for our younger generation when it comes to following your passion?
Push past perfection. Don’t wait, start now.
I love the saying ‘don’t compare your beginning to someone else’s middle’ – it’s easy to get caught up in what everyone else is doing and think that you’re not good enough, that you don’t have anything unique to add, or that you have to be perfect to make money doing what you love. This couldn’t be further from the truth. Just start where you’re at, stay focused on what you want to offer the world, and keep taking inspired action every day.
7. Favorite yoga pose for chillin’ out?
I’ll admit that I don’t do as much yoga as I’d like to, but yoga pants on the other hand are my wardrobe staple.
8. What’s the most recent inspirational book that you’ve read?
I’m currently reading Spirit Junkie by Gabrielle Bernstein and loving it. It’s the first non-business book I’ve read in a while.
9. Do you have a nightly ritual that helps clear your mind for a restful sleep, creating a productive day to follow?
My agenda is my best friend. Each night I review what I’ve accomplished that day, and then plan out what needs to get done the following day. That way when I wake up I ready to get to work.