Say hello to co-founder, Remi Aliseo & get to know a bit about how she made her dream job a reality.((psssst... special discount included))1.) What was your journey like to get where you are now with JIVA?It has been a complete learning and growing process from the day Nikki showed me our first pattern, to start sewing up until now. I was in a career path of health and wellness when Nikki and I decided to put our all into JIVA. I have learned so much about building a business, independence and even discovering new things about myself throughout this journey. It has been a roller coaster ride, but I am so proud of what JIVA is today and what it is going to continue to grow into - and I am so thankful I can do it all with my sister!2.) What's your favorite part of Florida?The weather is my absolute favorite part of Florida. I grew up in New Jersey where we were only blessed with this weather 3- 4 months out of the year. It makes me a happier soul constantly being surrounded in beautiful weather and dreamy skies.3.) If you didn’t help start JIVA, what would you be doing?I was personal training when we first started JIVA, so I would have probably continued down that path and Nutrition Wellness , possibly a yoga teacher training course. Something I have a passion for.4.) What are your dreams for JIVA?I want to see JIVA be an extremely successful brand that is an inspiration for others around the world. JIVA being a lifestyle brand that is not only activewear, but filled with several different products.5.) Where do you see yourself in 5 years (personally)?In 5 years I will be 30 years old. I don’t like to look too far ahead, but I hope to have done some epic traveling and feeling really content of where I am in life.6.) What gets you out of bed in the morning?Sunlight! But honestly, getting out of bed in the morning is my biggest weakness- it's always a long process. I have to keep my curtains open so the sun beams in. If it's a rainy morning- I’m doomed. I try to schedule myself to take a yoga class first thing in the morning or go for a run by the beach. It’s always a great day starter!7.) What keeps you up at night?I have a bad habit of being on my phone or computer until I can’t keep my eyes open anymore. Researching or browsing around on social media.8.) What is your work out of choice?I love to run by the beach, but lately have been dabbling a lot more into yoga, a slow yin yoga is my absolute favorite. Both are very helpful when I need some mind clearing.9.) What do you feel makes JIVA stand out in the sea of active wear brands?I think that JIVA stands out because of its authenticity. We love to show the skeleton of JIVA; where it’s made, the time and passion put into it, and the faces behind the brand.10.) What’s your favorite product of JIVA?My favorite product by far are our full length flex leggings. They just fit so good and I forget I even have them on half of the time. I get so much use out of them year round. I also really love our bamboo scoop tanks - so comfy! I love the Nuvo Legging from our summer collection!11.) What is your favorite JIVA style?I love mixing our bamboo scoop tank tops with leggings or shorts. Its such a comfortable but sporty look and you could wear it to the gym or out and about!** USE CODE: REMISPICK FOR 15% OFF THE NUVO LEGGING **
So over here at JIVA HQ, things are in full swing with the Spring launch, and we couldn't be more pumped about it! So in keeping with this Spring fever, I wanted to offer you a fresh take on styling your JIVA leggings for this season and beyond.
It's easy to forget that leggings can be styled in a multitude of ways beyond just the gym or the studio, and with our quick dry technology and high-end, fahsionable prints, you honestly can go right from a sweaty yoga class to a coffee date with a friend, if need be (we won't tell!)
We would LOVE to see how you style your JIVA gear! Be sure to tag us on Instagram and use the hashtag #jivababe so we can see!
SAY HELLO TO @EVOLVEFITWEAR'S FOUNDER!
Jiva babes, meet Kyla Smith, the lady boss behind this one stop shop for all things fashionable activewear! We are proud to say that JIVA is now available on Evolefitwear.com, so we wanted to interview this gorgeous lady to learn more about the woman behind the leggings.
1) What is the first thing you do in the morning when you wake up that helps kick-start your day on the right track? I make coffee, play with my dog (@brixtonthekid) and watch just a little bit of the news. I’m starting to be more of a morning person getting up early- its still a bit of a struggle.
2) Do you have a go-to Motivational Mantra? “If you build it, they will come” (Stolen from the 90’s movie Field of Dreams). You just have to take a leap of faith and know what you are doing is the right course of action. It’s ok to over-analyze your decisions, but sometimes you just have to jump and believe you’ll land in the right spot. I read a simple quote the other day I like a lot: “Trust your instincts & stand behind your decisions.” Get past the analyzing part, and just start makin’ moves!
3) Kicking-ass in your field of expertise can sometimes be a lot of work, how do you stay connected to your center on those inevitable tough days? I love going for long hikes outside. I’m grateful to be able to live in the Pac NW where we have beautiful outdoor hikes packed full of trees. Getting away from the electronics is important. The over-stimulus of technology on a day-to-day basis is pretty overwhelming. I bring my phone with me everywhere in case of an emergency, but I don’t listen to music, respond to messages, or even look at my phone until I’m done with “my time.”
4) What are your MUST HAVES in your carry-on when you're about to leave town on a big jet plane? I’m embarrassed to follow up with this answer after the previous question but my real only essentials are my laptop, iPad, and all the chargers! I forget about ½ of the things I need on the trip, but I’m convinced I subconsciously do that to keep trips interesting. However, I never forget my electronics! It’s a constant struggle to not forget the electronics, but then to ignore them- haha ;)
5) What is your favorite thing to do when you need some creative inspiration? I love talking to other people about ideas because it really gets the brain flowing and looking at a situation from a different perspective. Most of the time I will get together with someone here at Evolve. I hate to toot our own horn, but our team is amazing and they have better ideas than me!
6) What’s your best piece of advice for our younger generation when it comes to following your passion? Well my biggest advice to get ahead in life is to not have a sense of entitlement. You have to work hard to get the things you want. Somehow the younger kids that are now teens or early 20’s have been conditioned when they are growing up that “they can get anything they want” (which is a spin off of the phrase “you can do anything you want”). But the missing link is that you have to make those things happen. The universe isn’t going to give you something you feel like you deserve. Before starting Evolve, I always had 2-3 jobs, and if I wanted to learn something I’d offer to work somewhere for free. I didn’t expect to get paid, just the knowledge and experience was the payment. (I didn’t have financial support, so I would still work another hourly job to support myself). People notice if you have a genuine interest in things and I guarantee good things will come out of that.
7) Favorite yoga pose for chillin’ out? For chilling out? I love getting a block under my shoulder blades as a wonderful heart opener.
8) What’s the most recent inspirational book that you’ve read? I recently read GirlBoss (really connected to Sofia and the huge empire that she’s built). I loved reading it because she really spoke about ecommerce and the (un)glamorous side of starting a business. She painted a realistic picture of being cooped up in in her apartment in a big pink bathrobe for months on end barely talking to anyone. (That was totally me too!) My all time favorite business book is Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rynd- it’s quite a hefty read, but well worth it!
9) Do you have a nightly ritual that helps clear your mind for a restful sleep, creating a productive day to follow? Well, after dinner I always take my dog for a walk in the neighborhood, and then after that I make some tea and watch a show or two. It’s probably not as “healthy” as yoga or reading, but after a full day of staring at text on a computer, I need to do something less thought provoking. Right now I’m really into Homeland and Ray Donovan- they are sooo good!
:: seeking experienced sales rep on west coast ::-2+ Years Experience in Apparel Sales [major plus if in the activewear industry]-Highly Motivated, Organized & detail oriented-Actively seek and acquire new accounts-Manage existing accounts in your territory-Visit Accounts with Samples for Line Showing-Ability to multi-task-Assist with trunk shows + Events-Must be willing to travel and Attend/Work Trade ShowsCommission BasedMost Expenses Paid for when Traveling or Working Trade Shows**MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE**To be a great fit for this position you must have some interest in the yoga/fitness/wellness industry & have an outgoing personality. You would posses a passion for quality workout wear and genuinely enjoy the ever changing fashion industry!PLEASE SEND RESUME/INQUIRES TO HELLO@THEJIVASHOP.COMxx team jiva