You say you are, but are you really doing your best? Are you showing up in your life the way that you say you want to? Are you actually half-assing something? Sometimes we say that we are doing our best, but in actuality, we aren't or we aren't even trying. Actions speak volumes louder than words, not only towards other people, but also towards yourself.
So again, I ask you, are you really showing up? Are you really trying? Or are you just saying that to convince yourself that you are? Either way, I'm not here to reprimand you, I'm simply here to act as a sign, a signal, a blaring spotlight on the fact that you may not be being honest with yourself and others. When we start to ask the tough questions, only then can we start to go in.
In the end, all a person can ask of themselves and others is to show up and do their best when they say they will. Are you? #mondaymantra
Mermaids and Mantras
We bring you Britta Jade, or “The Mermaid Yogi!” Britta is ridiculously inspiring with a serious litany of accomplishments under her belt: Creator of both B Tru Yoga and the TruBlu Foundation to protect the sea, she has her 500 hr RYT, she is a 300 hr certified Ayurvedic Counselor, Reiki healer, and AIDA3 star free diver!
Britta hosts unique yoga retreats all over the world and shares her deep love of yoga and the sea! So are you totally motivated yet?! We sure are, which is why we knew that we had to interview her to share all of her passion with you so that you too can believe in the beauty of your wildest dreams and discover your purpose!
Keep reading for more insight!
1) What is the first thing you do in the morning when you wake up that helps kick-start your day on the right track? I snuggle my cat, Piper. She is precious in the AM. She walks up on my chest and purrs and wants to be pet. When I actually get up I drink a glass of room-temp. water. I know a lot of people say to put lemon in it but for me that’s too intense in the AM! I’m a pitta dosh as well and lemon tends to aggravate my stomach…so plain water it is :) While I’m drinking it I snuggle my other cat, Ricky…he has a different ritual from Piper, but they both get their love and cuddle in before all else :) It’s heaven.
2) Do you have a go-to Motivational Mantra?
These days, “This too shall pass,” has been very helpful.
3) Kicking-ass in your field of expertise can sometimes be a lot of work, how do you stay connected to your center on those inevitable tough days? I accept. When it’s tough I let it be tough. When I lose my center, I lose my center. I keep my focus on trying to be the best I can but know I can’t skip the steps and all the grey areas in between. So, I just let it flow and wait it out :) I do practice yoga and meditate daily and this does help by sending a message to my heart that I love myself…and doing this daily definitely enhances the good and the bad days.
4) What are your MUST HAVES in your carry-on when you're about to leave town on a big jet plane?
A travel yoga mat. A good water bottle. Jasmine chapstick. Lavender oil. Kindle. Music. Scarf, socks, tights, and a sweater. Sometimes an ugly Doll…to use as a pillow ;) …and my crystals usually come on my carry on too :)
5) What is your favorite thing to do when you need some creative inspiration? Look at the ocean. Cry. Write poetry.
6) What’s your best piece of advice for our younger generation when it comes to following your passion?
You are worthy of a beautiful life. Never let your fear or disbelief stand in the way of that. See it, feel it, believe it, and say thank you ahead of time. Integrate your own desires with the needs of the Earth for ultimate purpose and passion.
7) Favorite yoga pose for chillen’ out?
Supta Baddha Konasana!
8) Do you have a nightly ritual that helps clear your mind for a restful sleep, creating a productive day to follow? I drink a glass of water before bed. I usually do a lavender inhale. I always like to be clean and showered and oiled :) I snuggle my cats and read a few chapters of something inspirational then pass out to that :)
Be open to Abundance and Prosperity
I pulled a goddess card this morning, and Abundantia told me that "The universes pouring is abundance out to you. Be open to receiving," and this got me thinking...am I open to receiving abundance and prosperity?
At first thought, this may seem silly, of course I am open, I want to prosper and make more money! But, at second thought, how open are you, really? Do you set yourself up to receive? Maybe you talk yourself out of good things because you're afraid or because you think you don't have time, or maybe deep down you just don't feel worthy to make x amount of dollars.
For example, maybe you're a yoga instructor and when someone asks you how much you charge for private sessions, you immediately get tongue tied and ramble out your number, but then immediately say, "but we can work something out if that's too much." Is that being open to abundance? Is constantly undermining your earning potential living openly in prosperity? Sure doesn't sound like it, and I know it doesn't feel like it when you sell yourself short. You are worth it.
So open up. Open wide to abundance and let it flow into your life. Imagine goodness and prosperity and financial serenity. Imagine it flowing into your life like a beam of light; effortless, flowing, beaming.
I am full of Abundance and Prosperity. #mondaymantra
What if you knew that Bliss would always find you?
If you knew that bliss would always find you, would you worry so much? If you believed that bliss sought you out, would you fret about the little details as much? If you knew without a doubt that the universe had your back and was seeking to send you bliss over a rainbow, would you dwell over half of the stuff that you worry about?
I've heard that a large percentage of our thoughts go towards thinking about negative things that haven't even happened and never will, so if you're naturally going to go to LaLa land with your thoughts sometimes, then why not instead imagine all the good that is flowing your way, all the bliss that is riding a wave of glitter and confetti right to your doorstep. We are not meant to suffer. We create suffering and worry. Instead, tell yourself, Bliss finds me. #mondaymantra
Do you believe in miracles?
What if you were on the verge of a miracle and you gave up one day before? What if you were about to have a breakthrough tomorrow and you threw in the towel today?
We all have a breaking point. That point when a dream we have been chasing no longer seems to fit our needs or expectations, or just doesn't seem all that appealing anymore. But the trick is to learn when that stopping point is.
I'm here to tell you that you'll know. Your heart will not be in it like it used to. You won't get butterflies at the anticipation like you used to. The journey will seem only daunting, not enjoyably scary, like it used it.
But today, take this as a sign.
Give it one more week. You might be on the verge of a miracle. #mondaymantra