It's February, and you know what that means? You made it through the 1st month of the New Year! January can sometimes feel like a crazy month. With coming right off of the holidays and starting with a holiday, only to be followed by trying to stick to our resolutions, this past month may have felt a bit rushed.
But this month, let's remember that it is still winter, and in winter, animals hibernate; thus, we should a bit too! Take a cue from Mama Nature and slow down. Stop hurrying from one thing to another, and try to enjoy the moments in between, ya know, life.... #mondaymantra
Get your priorities straight!
It's Monday and that means that most of us are hustling to get shit done and plan out what needs done this week. But did you put happiness on the agenda? Did you plan to do things that also bring you pleasure, aside from the regular to-dos'? I have a funny feeling that for many of us, happiness and pleasure take a back seat in our weekly plans.
But why is that? I think it has something to do with our belief that pleasure for the sake of pleasure can be a waste of precious time; however, I'm here to tell you that it's not! When planned with some purpose into your weekly or daily schedule, or if you at least leave free space for YOU without the intentional planning, I believe that it makes you a better person who shows up more fully for pretty much everything..work, kids, husbands, coworkers, etc. In other words, make time for your joy, and watch your week feel a lot more productive and enjoyable! #mondaymantra
We bring you the Buddha of BuddhiBox - Maxine Chapman!
Subscription boxes are seriously all the rage right now, and I think they're going to stick around, but I'm even more sure that BuddhiBox will. BuddhiBox is a monthly subscription box with a yoga or jewelry theme. Each month it is delivered straight to your mailbox, and you receive a mix of 4-6 samples and full size products. If you like them, you can come back to the website and purchase a full size product for yourself, and maybe a friend.
BuddhiBox is also committed to supporting non-profits. Each month they pick a charity and donate proceeds from the sale of the boxes to them.
Awesome, right? From headbands, to jewelry, all natural cosmetics, and much much more, if you're a yogi, then you're sure to adore the BuddhiBox, and you'll love Maxine for bringing it to you! Read on...
1) What is the first thing you do in the morning when you wake up that helps kick-start your day on the right track? Stretch, move, and listen to some happy tunes to get me excited about the day ahead.
2) Do you have a go-to Motivational Mantra? Not a quote or quick mantra, but whenever I start to need some serious motivation, I remind myself that I am privileged to wake up each day and get to do something I choose and that I am passionate about. As a woman in this big, vast world, this freedom is a privilege, and I will not take it for granted.
3) Kicking-ass in your field of expertise can sometimes be a lot of work, how do you stay connected to your center on those inevitable tough days? See above. That and yoga, long walks with my dogs, a call to a friend, or giving myself the permission to spoil myself with a spa service or really good dinner with a glass of wine. Self care.
4) What are your MUST HAVES in your carry-on when you're about to leave town on a big jet plane? A good music playlist or two, a book, my om prayer scarf (see here), a bottle of water, and a journal in case I get inspired.
5) What is your favorite thing to do when you need some creative inspiration? A hike in nature or an early morning run at La Jolla Shores in San Diego. See photo and tell me you would not be inspired.
6) What’s your best piece of advice for our younger generation when it comes to following your passion? Be brave, but stay grounded. I believe living passionately is about having the confidence to be bold but the wisdom to stay humble.
7) Favorite yoga pose for chillin’ out? Half pigeon for the win. Oh, how I love that pose.
8) What’s the most recent inspirational book that you’ve read? The Alchemist by Pablo Coehlo
9) Do you have a nightly ritual that helps clear your mind for a restful sleep, creating a productive day to follow? An evening walk with my dogs, telling the person closest to me that I love them, and taking a deep breath in and out.
Connect with BuddhiBox:
When I first stumbled upon Rachel Rouhana and her styled stock photography business called, Haute Chocolate, I have to admit, I had a girl crush! I don't know about you, but I absolutely adore all things stationary and girl bosses kicking ass, and that's basically what Rachel is all about too!
As Rachel says, "As a woman entrepreneur, you know how important it is to instantly attract your ideal clients & customers when they visit your website. You understand the importance of using stylish and professional images on your site and in your social media. Unfortunately, it can be nearly impossible to find feminine and chic stock images that will enhance your brand."
So who exactly is her styled stock for specifically? Haute Chocolate is Stylish & Affordable Stock Photography for Women Entrepreneurs, Bloggers, and Creative Professionals.
Whether you want custom stock or choose to become a member of the styled stock library, we know that we have some bomb lady-boss JIVA fans out there, so we knew that we needed to introduce you to Rachel! Enjoy!
1. What is the first thing you do in the morning to kickstart your day on the with track?
The first thing I do in the morning is write down my intentions for the day and then spend a few minutes in meditation feeling gratitude. It helps set my energy and focus for the day to come.
2. Do you have a go-to Motivational Mantra?
“I am enough” – as entrepreneurs we are constantly being challenged outside of our comfort zone. There are lots of times when I feel self-doubt creeping in and I need to remind myself that I am enough to keep moving forward.
3. Kicking-ass in your field of expertise can sometimes be a lot of work, how do you stay connected to your center on those inevitable tough days?
To stay connected to my center, the first thing I usually need to do is disconnect online. Shut down email, Facebook, Instagram and everything else and just move. Sometimes I take a dance break, go for a walk, or even clean the house. It helps me clear my mind and re-focus my energy.
4. What are your MUST HAVES in your carry-on when you're about to leave town on a big jet plane?
My must haves are pretty simple - Mascara, Lip Gloss, my iPhone and iPad.
5. What is your favorite thing to do when you need some creative inspiration?
Shop J As a product stylist and photographer, I get a lot of inspiration from the colors, patterns, and displays in stores. I also like to peruse on Pinterest and in fashion magazines, and then I like to just start doing - I find that’s when everything starts coming together.
6. What’s your best piece of advice for our younger generation when it comes to following your passion?
Push past perfection. Don’t wait, start now.
I love the saying ‘don’t compare your beginning to someone else’s middle’ – it’s easy to get caught up in what everyone else is doing and think that you’re not good enough, that you don’t have anything unique to add, or that you have to be perfect to make money doing what you love. This couldn’t be further from the truth. Just start where you’re at, stay focused on what you want to offer the world, and keep taking inspired action every day.
7. Favorite yoga pose for chillin’ out?
I’ll admit that I don’t do as much yoga as I’d like to, but yoga pants on the other hand are my wardrobe staple.
8. What’s the most recent inspirational book that you’ve read?
I’m currently reading Spirit Junkie by Gabrielle Bernstein and loving it. It’s the first non-business book I’ve read in a while.
9. Do you have a nightly ritual that helps clear your mind for a restful sleep, creating a productive day to follow?
My agenda is my best friend. Each night I review what I’ve accomplished that day, and then plan out what needs to get done the following day. That way when I wake up I ready to get to work.
What if you knew that Bliss would always find you?
If you knew that bliss would always find you, would you worry so much? If you believed that bliss sought you out, would you fret about the little details as much? If you knew without a doubt that the universe had your back and was seeking to send you bliss over a rainbow, would you dwell over half of the stuff that you worry about?
I've heard that a large percentage of our thoughts go towards thinking about negative things that haven't even happened and never will, so if you're naturally going to go to LaLa land with your thoughts sometimes, then why not instead imagine all the good that is flowing your way, all the bliss that is riding a wave of glitter and confetti right to your doorstep. We are not meant to suffer. We create suffering and worry. Instead, tell yourself, Bliss finds me. #mondaymantra